Sunday, March 12, 2006

Blue Judy

Last night I had been planning on going to see Blue Judy play a show in the L.A. area, but sadly this did not happen. I did, however, get to listen to them play two songs on an online radio station. I, of course, recorded their session and am posting the songs for others to listen to:

For the Boys

Young and Empty

I had already heard the first song at a show in February. When I hear the song, I have this picture in my mind of someone leaving a little kid and how that action stay with the kid even as they get older. There is a line about not being able to grow old ... to me it seems to be talking about not being able to get past certain events (like a parent leaving) and grow. I have not really had a chance to think about the lyrics for the second song because I had never heard it before, but I still find it rather catchy. I like that it is one of those songs that I actually have to think about in order to figure out what it seems to mean.

There are also some songs available for download on their MySpace page. For me they are one of three bands from Claremont that I really like ... the other two being We Are Scientists and Speechwriters LLC. Three of them went to Claremont McKenna College (one is still there) while the other went to Harvey Mudd College. (Tapper went to Mudd while the other guys went to Pomona College, along with Dave and Misha of swllc.) Apparently Blue Judy is planning on recording new songs soon with the hope of releasing a CD sometime this year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nathaniel said...

Shannon - I am so sorry I didn't listen to these guys earlier. They are quite good.

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home