Saturday, January 07, 2006

Required Reading

Welcome, folks, to That One Pop Gem. This is the first "real" post, I suppose. We, the members of That One Pop Gem, have supreme appreciation for the following three artists, and I recommend you familiarize yourself with them too. Here goes:

We Are Scientists - the band you're most likely to have heard of. They're very radio-friendly, in the modern sense of upbeat, fast-tempo, guitar dance-rock. At least, that's the kind of things various websites have said. I have trouble describing them, myself. But definitely give a listen to the stuff they have available on the website.

Bishop Allen - some of the catchiest pop you'll ever hear. Bishop Allen successfully creates the friendliest and most lovable sound I've ever heard, and I think you'll like them. Give them a try, and don't just stop at the four tracks at their website. Their "new" sound is demonstrated quite well at their Myspace, in the form of three brand new songs.

Speechwriters LLC - formerly an acoustic folk-pop duo, they're now a "full" band, featuring a bassist and a drummer. When I first heard their Clones EP over two years ago, I was instantly hooked. If you need a starting point, grab the Clones EP here or check out one of these live sets. The first one's an acoustic set from early last year, the second one is a classic acoustic set from 2003, and the last one demonstrates the "new" full-band sound from July of last year.


I hope you enjoy these bands upon which we've founded the community of this blog! Stay tuned for updates from all corners of the entertainment world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home